Vision Learning Center
Bellaire Family Eye Care offers vision therapy expertise through our affiliated Vision Learning Center. Many visual challenges cannot be treated by eyeglasses or medicine. That’s where vision therapy comes in. Vision therapy is much like physical therapy in that its’ purpose is to enhance function. Vision is part sensory and part motor, and develops over many years. We are not born with the complex abilities to process space and form. When interruptions in development occur affecting the visual system, errors in how our vision actually functions can affect a child for years to come.
Vision therapy can offer treatment models to help restore and rehabilitate vision, whether there was a developmental or congenital difficulty or the visual disorder was brought on by trauma or stroke.
Common problems addressed in vision therapy are:
- Poor eye teaming such as convergence insufficiency or strabismus
- Poor visual tracking causing skipping and poor performance while reading
- Visual symptoms after trauma (TBI) or concussions
- Visual perceptual difficulties including poor discrimination and memory
- Poor eye-hand coordination
- Poor reading comprehension