Nutrition for Eyes
• Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene — Wound healing is improved with vitamin A and it helps with night vision as well. Combining vitamin A with beta-carotene vitamins for eyes can work synergistically to boost wound healing and eye health.
• Vitamin B — Complex — The entire vitamin B family can work wonders for vision. They improve eye healthy, boost wound healing, reduce inflammation, and reduce the risk of uveitis, vascular problems, and macular degeneration.
• Vitamin C and Vitamin D — These vitamins can work together to prevent or delay the progress of a few eye diseases like glaucoma, cataracts and diabetic retinopathy.
• Omega -3 fatty acids- This supplement is particularly important for the development of vision and eyes in infants. They can also promote eye health and retinal integrity.
• Lutein and Zeaxanthin as vitamins for eyes — These two compounds work together to improve macular pigments that help in color detection and peripheral vision. These two compounds can also reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
• Bioflavonoids as vitamins for eyes — These are colored pigments that can work particularly well absorb Vitamin C and improve retinal health.
A word of caution though: Even though several studies have demonstrated the benefits of vitamins for eyes to improve and control retinal health, we recommend you consult your family or personal physician and/or your eye doctor before you start any dietary supplements for eye health. Nutrition for eyes is a very important and serious consideration.
Bellaire Family Eye Care (BFE) is dedicated to providing exceptional eye care. If you and your doctor decide that vitamin supplements are right for you and your eyes, you can reorder online for your convenience once you have been seen by a BFE doctor and have begun your prescription.