5 Foods You Think Are Healthy But Really Aren’t
There are many foods we eat every day that we think are healthy and are told are healthy and just seem like they should be healthy. Sadly, they are not.
1. Energy Bars – Since you buy them in the health food section they must be good for you, right? WRONG. Eaten properly as part of a healthy diet they are fine but if you just sit around eating them all day it’s not going to end well. Most energy bars have enough saturated fats, sugar, sodium, and oil to be on par with a candy bar.
2. Granola – It’s best to make your own granola If you really wanna be healthy. Because along with the good of whole grain oats, healthy fats, there is also usually loads of calories and hidden sugars. Read the label people.
3. Processed sliced turkey – Yes it says “Fat Free” but that doesn’t make it healthy. Take a look at the sodium content on the label. Look for lunch meat with less than 350mg of sodium per 2-ounce serving.
4. Gatorade – or really any sports drink. It’s much better to stick with water. Sports drinks are loaded with sugar and sodium and calories.
5. Low-fat Peanut Butter – Yes, it’s low fat. They accomplish that by replacing all the fat with more sugar.